Thursday, March 14, 2013

4 voices


One of the final assignments this quarter was the writing of a monologue.

Here are four:


Violence
Jake Dudzik

I think violence is bad. Crucially hurting one another. That's not right. So much hate in this world, so much hate. Why can't we all get along? Please stop the hate and stop the violence because each time we hurt something we get hurt inside. More violence every year. First World War I then World War II then 911 then Sandy Hook. If we can control the violence, Earth can be rescued and we can all be safe. So please, no more violence. No more war. No more guns. No more knives. No more fists. No more kicks. Stop all the wars, fights and shootings. Let's make the world a better place. It's common sense. Let this be a new beginning, a new generation. Put down the weapons, put down fists, put down feet and let's make the world a good place to live. Together we can save people.


The WWE
Darian Bolten

Personally, I think the WWE is going downhill. They don't put any focus on the divas, unless it's Aj Lee. Also, they need to bring in more NXT Superstars. Big E Langston and Bo Dallas may be good, but it isn't enough. And with CM Punk. He was a great face, but making him heel and demanding respect is a disgrace. I miss the old Punk, the one Bugging Laurinaitis and Triple H. Not this jerk who spits in people's faces and yells at the fans. Back to Aj. Making her kiss everyone in the locker room is wrong. Keep her with Barbie Ziggles (Dolph Ziggler), make him her last man. And turn her back to that amazing girl from NXT. I'm sure I'm not speaking only for myself when I say, “Bring back the old Aj!” We all miss her. And with The Shield. Personally, I feel they're a rip-off of TNA Impact's Aces and Eights. Also, WWE needs to get their act together with Sheamus. That man should be a champion. WWE is turning him into a jobber. Not cool. Sheamus has been WWE Champion, World Heavyweight Champion, King of the Ring, need I say more? I thought not. Same with Randy Orton. He is the youngest WWE Champion EVER. Get Randal and Sheamus act together. Give the WWE Divas more TV time. Bring in NXT Superstars. Bring back the old Punk. Oh, and I know myself and a lot of other people would like to see a Jack Swagger/Antonio Cesaro feud the All American American versus the guy who hates Americans. If WWE doesn't do those things, I swear WWE will lose viewers.


Art
Cuinn Mcdermott

Art means many things. It can be a picture, a painting, a poem, even a dance. Art is a vast sea of knowledge that not many people can appreciate. I believe that art can solve anything. Music, literature, drawing, any form of art is beautiful. Art, if everyone appreciated art the world would be a beautiful place full of life and love. To me, art is the one thing people cannot lose because if art disappears from this world nothing beautiful will remain. Nothing to combat the ugly wars, full of hate and death. Art gives purpose, gives life, art is the most important thing in the world. This is what I think about art. Art is beautiful. Righteous and full of power. True and just.


Hope
Ella Rosenberg

Hope can be a blessing or a curse. It is the night-light in a 5-year-old's room. It is a warm fire in a cold campground. It is the sunrise after the darkest hour. We sometimes use hope as a buoy in a rough storm, holding on desperately for dear life. I know that many times I have looked to hope in dark days of despair. Unfortunately, hope doesn't always work out for the best. It hurts tremendously to hope for a long time and then be let down, falling hard and fast from your happy place. But, sometimes, it does work out and we are intact after the storm is over. And there's blue skies, calm breeze and smooth sailing ahead.

The pattern of hope varies. It shifts and like the sands of time, always changing. Sometimes you get days when it seems the world has big plans for you but for others not so much. I feel like there's a balance to everything. Karma, some call it. When there's too much dark, light will be there to shift it. Without hope, the world would have utter chaos. There would be no doctors, no teachers, no flowers and no smiles. Laughter wouldn't be heard. Art wouldn't be seen. Food wouldn't have taste.
Hope is like air. The hope for a better now, a better today, and a better future is all that keeps me going. Just keep moving forward, as a famous man once said.

I think we have more to benefit from hope than to suffer. I hope for many things every day- as small as a hope that homework won't be too hard and as large as hoping that someday all cancers will have a cure. I guess it's all about perspective.





4Voices2 from Good Day on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment