Sunday, September 4, 2011

Handwriting

"Imagination does not breed insanity. Exactly what does breed insanity is reason. Poets do not go mad; but chess players do. I am not in any case attacking logic; I only say that this danger lies in logic, not in imagination."
G.K. Chesterton
Orthodoxy

2011/2012
Creative Writing Class

hand·writ·ing [hand-rahy-ting]
–noun
1. writing done with a pen or pencil in the hand; script. 2. a style or manner of writing by hand, especially that which characterizes a particular person.

You are reading the first post from Trinity Christian Preparatory School's Creative Writing Class. This quarter the focus is on poetry.




My Life

Roses have plagued me since I was born,
we have much in common as they share my name,
every signature is a sharp reminder of their clinging hold,
they lend sweetly scented reminders of my early days,
where everything that could go wrong failed to,
but soon creeping tendrils wound their way around me,
causing my stumble into horrid and youthful years,
The beautifully fragranced flowers ushered a facade of happiness into center stage,
to mask the deep gouges thorns had carved into my family,
I began to see blush colored petals laced throughout my life and trusted no one,
finally after much strife I broke free from the grip of roses,
I saw for the first time all was not lost,
Still I feel as though those years will remain ingrained as the worst years of
My Life

Katie Metz


As my journey ends
all things fade
I return to reality
where normal is normal
music is a journey
that you control
your thoughts are the magic keys
to take you where you want to be

Menilik Cannady





Free


Set them free
we are setting them free
The slaves are now free
they leave in happiness
The shackles are off
walk to the light
Set your soul free
you can rejoice
For you are free now
crying from the joy
Into the light
living in a free world
of your own

Megan Bennett




Words of the day
(from Dictionary.com)
Click on the word for a definition


conglobate
collogue
footle
glace
odoriferous

1 comment: